Saturday, August 11, 2012

Okay, we made it through the first part of the day. We were out running errands, including a trip to Walmart. We passed numerous fast food spots along the way. I didn't really think too much about it other than the occasional thought of, "Oh, that's a place we havn't eaten at yet (since we moved here)." or "Oooo, let's go there for lunch (after errands, like we normally would on a weekend)." No matter, we didn't struggle much considering we were just running on a glass of juice. We were out and didnt have our mid-morning juice. Hubby was getting real hungry and was a little bothered by the temptation of all the drive thrus.

So now we are home. Groceries (food for the kids) are unloaded and put away and hubby made a pitcher of the Mean Green juice (recipe below). It's not bad. The celery and cucumber are really good. However, we chose to throw the lemon in whole, peel and everything, which we were told was okay. The drawback to that is that i can leave your juice a little more bitter tasting, which I think is why this juice takes a little getting used to. So note to self, next time try peeling it to see the difference in taste.

Mean Green Juice
1 cucumber
4 celery stalks
2 apples
6-8 leaves of kale
1/2 lemon
1" ginger

I forgot to share the recipe for our breakfast juice in the previous post, so here it is:

Carrot Apple Ginger Juice
3 carrots
2 apples
1" ginger

Since we are juicing for the two of us we of course double the recipe. The carrot juice this morning produced 2 full glasses of juice. The Mean Green produced much more. The pitcher that comes with the machine overflowed and we had to turn the machine off and grab a glass to catch the remainder.

I should mention how I am feeling so far. This morning when we left the house, in the car, I did start to feel a little woozy. I'm not sure if it had to do with the new diet or not, but I thought it worth mentioning. Luckily I was smart to bring a banana with me, in case I felt the need to "chew" on some food. I did eat that (well, Marielle ate most of it) and felt better. After that I've been fine. Not feeling hunger pains or the need to 'munch'. I do notice that I have the desire to "chew" here and there, but we stocked up on some healthy fruits to  snack on and help me deal with that. Any way I can get more nutrients the better. :0)

No comments: